Sunday, June 17, 2007

Greetings From A Past Teacher

Wishing you all a great time celebrating and reminiscing. Wish I could be with you but family commitments have prevented it. I see by the Registration list that some of my Standard 3 pupils of 1973 & 1974 will be
attending:-
Greetings to you. The first two years of my teaching career were with you, and I have happy memories of many fun times - (hope you do too), especially the Hangi at my parents place and the game of softball in the neighbours paddock amongst the thistles and cow pats!!
You may wonder what happened to me... I am married to Alan Curtis and we have two sons, now aged 17 and 20. I am still teaching, and love it. I am Deputy Principal at St Joseph's School, Hawera and have always lived in south Taranaki. Throughout the years I have been able to keep up with news of some of you and your families through the local newspapers. I often wonder where my pupils went, in the world, and what careers they now have.
Greetings also to my colleagues from those years. Golly, how teaching has changed over the years. As a beginning teacher in 1973 there was no such thing as a Tutor Teacher, Year 1 Release, or CRT. We are fortunate to now have a system that supports all teachers in practical ways, especially those beginning their career.
Once again, have a great weekend.
Kind regards
Carol Hiles-Smith (now Carol Curtis)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home