Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Memories: Jack Wendelborn

I attended Stratford Primary School in Primer 2 (I started my schooling in Christchurch). Miss Papps was Infant Mistress and Pat Tyrer the Head Master. My teacher in Standard 6 was Dick Thomas was an outstanding teacher (even if the boys did cut up his straps. He used to say “plenty more where they came from”. I found out later, his straps were supplied by my father who with partner (Bake & Co.) were the Saddlers in Stratford). L.J. Furrie was then Headmaster.
I am now 95 years old and would find it difficult to get to Stratford for your Jubilee celebrations – however I wish your committee a successful Celebration.

Yours sincerely
Jack Wendelborn.”

Standard 4 1922
Back Row: Leadbeater, Frank Young, Rex Harkness, George James, Alf Yandle, Milne, D. Stewart, Brown, Keith Paynter, Jock Stewart.
Middle Row: Vic Inglis, Morrison, - , Doug Butcher, Les Rudings, Sid Barlow, Keith Paynter, Nicholls (?)
Front Row: Vin Young, Jack Wendleborn, Jim Klee, Bob Boyd, Bill Kelly, Jim Pratt, Chum Cottier, Baily, McFarlane. (Note: there were two Keith Paynters in the class)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home